how much water should i drink to lose weight

Keloid Treatment - How to Get Rid of Keloid Scars on Your Face

Introduction

When I was a young teenager, I lived in Honolulu, Hawaii and loved to surf. But unfortunately, I was hit in the side of the face by a surfboard's fin and needed stitches. This unfortunately for me this resulted in a Keloid Scar developing where the wound occurred. So what is a Keloid Scar, how did I get rid of mine and what are other methods to remove Keloid Scars?

What Is A Keloid Scar?

A Keloid Scar can result from an incision made as part of a surgery procedure, acne or like in my case, a wound. It occurs mainly in darker skin people and is the result of the body continuing to repair the area being repaired after it should have stop. This results in a raised red area and is cosmetically unsightly.

In my case I found it to be itchy and at times painful.

How I Removed My Keloid Scar

After several years, my parents took me to a surgeon to have it removed surgically. This operation was a success but to keep it from returning, I had radiation applied to the affected area. This procedure of applying radiation to keep it from returning was successful.

I did not like the scar left by the radiation treatment, so eventually I had cosmetic surgery on the area. This procedure was successful and eventually made me presentable to the public and especially the opposite sex.

Other Methods To Remove Keloid Scars

There are some other methods to remove this type of scar, but may not be as effective as the process I used. These other processes to remove this type of scare are:

Laser- This process requires using a laser beam to resurface the Keloid Scar. This may require several sessions but has been proven to be somewhat effective.Steroids- Also known as cortisone, it is injected into the affected area over several months. After several injections, the Keloid is usually flattened. But unfortunately there is a good chance for a recurrence of the scar.Cryosurgery- This is an excellent way to remove small occurrences of Keloids. This is done by your dermatologist and is the application of liquid nitrogen to the affected area.

Conclusion

These are some of the methods used to remove this type of scar. But before you make a choice, you should see your dermatologist to determine which method or even if there is a better method to treat your Keloid Scar.

Jimmy C has been studying skin care for many years. Being a victim of acne in his younger days, he has researched this subject to help people prevent and stop acne. He has also studied many aspects of caring for the bodies skin and keeping it youthful and free of irritants. For more information on caring for acne or other facial blemishes and keeping your youthful appearance go to his web sites at http://www.skinguidelines.com/p/causes-and-cures-for-acne.html or http://www.squidoo.com/cause-and-cures-of-acne.

Article Source:http://EzineArticles.com/?expert