Over the past 15 years or so, the spa and skincare industry has plenty of trends and buzz-worthy treatments. Yet, one phrase in particular seems to be everywhere these days (including being the mantra of my own flagship day spa on Manhattan's Fifth Avenue). From dermatologists to spas, 'combining technology with nature' is reshaping the world of skin care today. It's a noninvasive, anti-aging face and body rejuvenation concept cheered as the organically and spa-litically correct approach to growing older wisely, without undergoing the knife.
But does "combining technology with nature" really work? Yes, and to prove it, all you need to do is look at the billion dollar industry that has emerged as a results of natural and organic skin care treatments, paired with cutting edge technology! It can be likened to discovering the "fountain of youth"... helped along by leading-edge technology and machinery coupled with the finest organic skin care products.
To give you some background, I was practicing a green lifestyle long before giving birth to my first child in June 2006. However, when I became pregnant, I became even more diligent about researching what was really in the cosmetics and skin care products that I used.
Much to my surprise, I found that even products labeled organic couldn't be taken at face value, because apparently the FDA doesn't regulate personal products as it does food items. So I learned to read the labels carefully. If I didn't recognize the name of an ingredient, I put the product back on the shelf and researched it further. In other words I became proactive and as I was certain that if I did not recognize it, it was likely something that I didn't want to be using.
Instead I took delight in pampering myself with organic body scrubs and body butters. Coconut milk is particularly wonderful for the skin, and antioxidants found in almond oil, argan oil and rosehip seed oil in particular fortify the skin with essentially fatty acids.
The innovators in the all natural and green movement in my opinion were the smaller days spas and skin care salons. However, resort and luxuries spas in an effort to stay relevant, slowly transformed themselves so they too could provide safe alternative of spa treatments to their clients.
Additionally, this is where I and other skin care gurus melded organic and natural skincare with technology that boosted the results without injuring the skin we so have sworn to protect and beautify.
The type of skincare products used pure ingredients such as green tea, argan oil, tumeric, calendula and other pantry type ingredients. Estheticians and clients alike are finding these products to be more powerful than their chemical counterparts. The reason for is that the body can assimilate these ingredients more easily, translating directly into results. Applying pure vitamins and nutrients to the skin produce immediate and inspiring results: a healthy, youthful glow.
Conversely, a product containing potentially harmful ingredients can trigger the body's natural defense system. In other words, the body will try to prevent the product from being absorbed thus nullifying the effects.
And what about the cutting edge technology? Perhaps seemingly counter-intuitive to an all organic approach, most spas are investing in high-tech services such as LED Light Therapy and microcurrent skin care treatments and oxygen facials to name a few.
What has driven the industry in this direction? These days, the average woman has seen the effects of plastic surgery, good and bad. Alternatives to such drastic measures are being demanded. I believe the most effective, non-invasive methods of anti-aging available today are microcurrent and LED light therapy.
Microcurrent, meaning mild electric current, is a near duplicate current to that which the body generates on its own. The technology has been around since the early 1900's making it as old-fashioned as our great grandmother's health and beauty secrets. It is completely sub-sensory and yet is capable of repairing damaged tissue in a short period of time. In fact, it has been proven to heal an injury at a rate of up to 350% faster than the body's normal healing time.
And what are wrinkles and sagging skin? Damaged or injured skin. A microcurrent facial is a non-surgical face-lift which stimulates collagen and elastin production - the results of which are cumulative over time, giving you a younger, glowing and healthier looking face.
Also the benefits and results that can be gotten from LED light therapy: increased collagen and elastin production, regeneration of the connective tissue, erasure of sunspots, improved lymphatic system and circulation. It improves or erases fine lines and wrinkles, it lifts and tones and improves the overall complexion of the client. This is clearly and anti-everything facial.
Joanna Vargas is a celebrity facialist that has invented her own full body LED light therapy bed, patent pending and has her own natural skincare products. Both of which are safe and effective.
Her signature microcurrent facial, LED light therapy skincare treatments and oxygen facial have been the source of rave reviews from the leading magazines such as Vogue, Allure, Harper's Bazaar and many others.
Article Source:http://EzineArticles.com/?expert